HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!
If the whole Earth population is reduced to a village of 100 people, then, considering all proportions, this village will look like this:
– 57 Asians;
– 21 Europeans;
– 14 Americans (Northern and Southern);
– 8 Africans;
– 52 will be women;
– 48 men;
– 70 non-white;
– 30 white;
– 89 heterosexual;
– 11 homosexual;
– 6 individuals will possess 59% of all the world’s wealth, and they all will come from the USA;
– 80 will not have adequate housing;
– 70 will be illiterate;
– 50 will not have enough food;
– 1 will die;
– 2 will be born;
– 1 will have a computer;
– 1 (ONLY ONE) will be highly educated.
If you look at the world from this point of view, you see that we are in great need of sympathy, understanding, patience and education. Just think of it.
If you woke up healthy this morning, you are happier than 1 million people who will die before the next week.
If you have never experienced a war, an isolation of a prison cell, pain of tortures or starvation, you are happier than 500 million people in the world.
If you can go to your church without a fear of being trapped or killed, you are happier than 3 billion people on earth.
If you have food in your fridge, you are well dressed, you have a home and a bed,
you are richer than 75% people in the world.
If you have a bank account, money in your wallet and a few coins in your pocket,
you belong to 8% of the most wealthy people in the world.
If you are reading this, you are blessed twice, as:
1) someone is thinking of you;
2) you don’t belong to the 2 billion people who cannot read, and…
3) you have a computer!
Somebody once said:
– Work as if you don’t need money,
– love as if you’ve never been hurt,
– dance as if no one sees you,
– sing as if no one hears you,
– live as if earth is paradise.
There is always something to be grateful for. We thank you all for being with us today, for our great experiences in the past and for our mutual great plans for the future. Happy thanksgiving day!!!
Filed under: Uncategorized
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!